With the successful launch of Penguin Oasis, we’ve received many comments, questions, and suggestions from you guys! We’ve put together a small question and answer post for you guys to get answers to some of your top questions, as well as information about Penguin Oasis.
- Are custom items going to be added?
- Yes! We plan on adding them in the next day for everyone to add to their inventory.
- How can I reset my password?
- At this time our password reset tool is not yet ready for use. For now, simply create a new account and submit a support ticket asking for a password reset along with the username of your old account. Our team will then verify you own the account and then proceed with the reset.
- How securely is my password being stored?
- Passwords are hashed before they even reach our servers, so your password is never seen in plaintext. Once the hashed password reaches our server, it’s then hashed again with a stronger algorithm before being stored.
- Why is Penguin Oasis back?
- With the closure of Club Penguin, we wanted to offer a fun alternative for users to play. The community has slowly been shrinking but we see this as a chance to build a whole new community with both old and new users.
- How can I purchase credits?
- Credits can only be earned or given out during contests. Most of the credit store items from previous iterations of Oasis have been made available to everyone at no cost. Everything else can be bought with earned credits.
- I found a bug. How do I report it?
- We just launched in open beta, so we’ll definitely have some bugs. Please report the bug by opening up a support ticket under the “Game Bug” category here: https://penguinoasis.net/account/support
- Are you looking for moderators?
- Yes, we’re always looking for moderators. You can submit your application by opening a support ticket under the “Moderator Application” category here: https://penguinoasis.net/account/support. Please include your timezone, previous experience and aliases (if applicable), and why you think you would be a good addition to our team.
We hope this answers some of your biggest questions. If you have anymore questions or suggestions, please comment below or open a support ticket. Please remember that we’re still squashing bugs that are being reported and we hope to have all issues fixed soon. We appreciate everyone’s patience and feedback during this process and ask that you please submit bug reports via support ticket here: https://penguinoasis.net/account/support
Penguin Oasis Team
Please log in to comment
Please log in to the Penguin Oasis account panel to comment on a blog post.